For more information or to book a workshop with Don Sipe, please contact me via email at the link below or at 414-332-7600
Presence Under Pressure for Musicians
Understanding the mind-body issues
- Nature and nurture. Genome and its expression over time.
- Neuroplasticity: thinking and experience physically change the brain. This process can be self-directed, change beyond memory is possible. (evidence from Stroke, brain injury, training.)
- Perception and limits on focus, attention and concentration. The brain’s perceptual bandwidth
- Types of memory: explicit memory, implicit (procedural) memory.
- Flight/Flight/Freeze response. Startle response. Autonomic nervous system.
- Cultural conditioning, mental-maps, habits of perception, patterns of thought, the unconscious as a factor.
- How to practice.
- Self awareness, self assessment and guided learning with teachers
- expectations, being in the present.
- Activation levels when performing
- Practical organization skills, time management, practice recitals, audio and video recording.
- Physical care: brain and body, diet, exercise, sleep
- Mental health: meditation, mindfulness , cognitive behavior therapy, attitude.
- Reframing flight/fight/freeze, understanding its advantages.
- Family support, life goals, relationship with self.
- Mind-maps, prejudice perverts perception and non-habitual perception.